I am pleased to report that I am now in the final stages of the interviewing process, having undertaken 26 interviews and confirmed dates for a few more interviews (while I am also receiving expressions of interest as time goes by). Today I have contacted all participants who had submitted a joining form and communicated a deadline for confirming a (mutually agreed) interview date. The interviewing period will be followed by the diary keeping stage of the project, where participants (who have opted in) will submit diary entries over the period of eight weeks.
From today onwards, I encourage applications strictly from disabled, neurodiverse, and chronically ill gig economy workers who:
- identify as Gypsy, Roma, and/or Traveller
- identify as D/deaf
- are migrant workers with no recourse to public funds
- work in the sex industry
- work in the agricultural sector
- work in the video game industry.
Financial compensation is offered as follows:
- £15/interview (if you live outside London)
- £16/interview (if you live in London)
Diary entries submission:
- Supermarket vouchers worth £15 (if you live outside London) or £20 (if you live in London).
The above rates were established in line with the Real Living Wage rate for 2019/2020.